Find your future role
Senior Solution Architect
Looking for a senior Solution Architect for exciting permanent opportunity based in South West London.
Key skills required for this role
Senior Solution Architect
You will be:
- Working closely with Business Analysts, supporting the development of good business and technical requirements.
- Working closely with internal and external technical teams (delivery, development and test) ensuring the built solution aligns to the agreed design.
- Working with the Project Management Office, aligning to our delivery strategies.
- Working with Enterprise Architecture, aligning solutions to our technology strategies.
- Leading the recommendation of appropriate technologies and architectures to meet requirements for particular projects (within the constraints of Project Needs, Business Needs, Enterprise Architecture and Technology).
- Ensuring technology options are fully costed, and risks and benefits understood to enable effective decision-making by project teams, sponsors and subject matter experts
- Ensuring clear handover of agreed design to delivery teams and continued architectural support throughout the delivery and cutover of solutions.
- Ensuring software vendors and outsourced implementation partners meet the required technology specifications to deliver a quality product, adhering to technical governance.
- Building and maintaining customer and stakeholder relationships that will support our ability to deliver its mission, its reputation and remain sustainable.
- Being an agent of change through visible ownership, clear and consistent communication and a focus on benefits realisation.
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate internal and external governance including quality, health, safety, security and environmental legislation, minimising risk to the business and enhancing our reputation.
We are now working in a hybrid way, with a mix of remote and office working. We strive to offer a great work life balance - if you are looking for flexible options, we will try to make this work where business possible. This will be dependent on the kind of role you do and part of the business you work in.
About the Candidate
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Strong solutions architecture skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience with hybrid cloud and on-prem environments
- Exposure to the cyber security aspects of solution architectures
- Well versed with cloud architecture frameworks and design patterns
- Knowledge of data architecture and exposure to the pros and cons of various forms of data storage and processing
- Knowledge and experience with MS Azure solution architectures
(esp. IaaS, PaaS and SaaS based solutions)
- Experience in MS Azure Infra, Networks, Storage, Apps and Azure DevOps
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager, Resource Groups, Virtual Networks, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Storage types, PowerShell DSC, Azure Automation, Azure Active Directory (Entra), and Azure Site Recovery
- Experience in developing and deploying cloud native applications using Azure PaaS Capabilities (App Services Plans, Key Vault, Azure Cosmos DB types)
- Strong communications, listening and influencing skills
(diagrams, written and verbal)
- Experience in creating solution proposals, statement of work (SOW), presenting and articulating
- Strong business and technical analysis skills
- Ability to research existing and new solution components and blueprints to match with solution requirements
- Ability to use a risk based approach to recommendations on architectures
- Ability to tailor your approach to the given project / business area / vendor
- Ability to cope with ambiguity, whilst still striving for the required levels of clarity
- Understanding that "perfect is the enemy of good"
- Some experience diagramming with UML and utilising blueprint diagrams
- Exposure to how business works
(i.e. you have sight outside of just the IT department)
- Diligent, resilient and self-reliant
- Adaptable to different teams and environments
- Passionate for architecting good solutions within given constraints
- Self-motivated to drive your own learning
(esp. in the MS Azure cloud solutions architecture space)
- Keen to grow knowledge in self and others through mentoring, coaching and sharing experience.
- Content not to reinvent the wheel, but to use existing solution sets and blueprints where available, and weave together and tailor where needed