Find your future role
Senior Infrastructure engineer
Key skills required for this role
Location - Teddington (2 days onsite)
Salary - 60,000
covering a range of operational infrastructure support areas across on-prem and the cloud. Responsible for core on-prem services including the network, endpoint configuration management, physical and virtual server infrastructure, enterprise storage, compute resources, telephony, and backup and recovery solutions. In addition to on-prem services, we support a growing number of core services hosted in the cloud, primarily within the Microsoft 365 E5 stack, Azure and other cloud service providers e.g. Citrix.
We focus on both operational support and project delivery, working with other CIO teams including cyber security in support of Cyber Essentials and ISO27001 requirements, service management to provide engineering escalations and change activity, digital delivery to provide the technical capabilities to implement new services and ensure operational readiness, and business application team in underpinning and providing availability for core ERP applications.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (On-Prem focus)
The role will provide a senior level of support for the on-prem infrastructure, focussing on the physical and virtual server infrastructure, with the key responsibility of providing senior-level support of our technical architecture in a hybrid on-prem/cloud environment.
- Monitor, manage and maintain the IT infrastructure to ensure continued service delivery
- Engineer solutions to IT infrastructure and application problems engaging with 3rd-party support where required
- Assist with the design and testing of disaster recovery procedures for IT infrastructure services
- Understand the requirements of the business and develop options to provide optimum solutions and technology enhancements
- Plan and manage approved projects to deliver appropriate solutions to the business
- Provide 3rd-line support to the IT Service Desk
- Create and maintain up-to-date documentation and controls in relation to infrastructure systems