Find your future role
Installation and Maintenance Electrician
Our client have an exciting opportunity for an experienced electrician to work on cutting edge naval equipment installation and maintenance at their Portsmouth site.
Key skills required for this role
Experienced and qualified electrician, ideally 18th edition
The SIF 'Shore Integration Facility and NMSC 'National Maritime Systems Centre' allows the Royal Navy to run ships equipment to carry out trials and evaluations. You will be working with the team to install that equipment in compliance with current (BS 7671) and JSP regulations. The electrical installations often differ from the usual; this is very interesting and unique work!
As a Installation and Maintenance Electrician you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Day-to-day, you will work with a team of electrical Installation fitters and maintainers on electrical Installations, Maintenance, Trials support.
- Provide Electrical support to the SIF and NMSC, reporting to the Electrical Team Leader.
- Carry out Electrical, Fibre and Data infrastructure installation work to the highest possible standard. Carry out planned and reactive Electrical maintenance on all systems in the SIF and NMSC and provide documentary evidence.
- Have a Health and Safety mind-set and take your own and other peoples safety as a key priority.
- Support customer trials.
- Fault finding and diagnosis of electrical systems and carry out fibre optic installation and testing
- Preparation & maintenance of documentation for electrical systems.
This is a full-time role with an adaptive working arrangement.
Essential experience of the Installation and Maintenance Electrician
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Industrial Electrical plant equipment; its operation and maintenance
- Be able to follow safe systems of work and standing instructions
- Have a good understanding of Electrical drawings and other technical documents as well as being able to work and operate with the minimum of supervision
- Familiar with a computerised testing software - fastest, Easycert Etc.
- An understanding of differing Voltages and Frequencies and their applications.
Qualifications for the Installation and Maintenance Electrician
- Have Completed a recognised Apprenticeship, Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Installation Buildings & Structures) (or equivalent) or higher. Or, suitable experience (evidence required).
- Be ideally qualified to BS 7671 18th edition, or be 17th edition qualified training to upgrade to 18th. Training will be provided and is compulsory.