Find your future role
Microsoft Data Security Cloud Solution Architect
|Contract 6 months
One of our clients is looking for a Microsoft Data Security Cloud Solution Architect to join them on a contract basis.
£500 inside IR35
Must be fluent in Arabic.
Key skills required for this role
Microsoft, Purview, Security, Solutions Architect
Microsoft Data Security Cloud Solution Architect
Microsoft Data Security Cloud Solution Architects are trusted advisors for customers attempting to secure their entire data estates against internal and external data risk. Microsoft Purview's integrated Data Security services support customers holistically secure data:
· Protect Sensitive Data using data classification, sensitivity labelling and encryption policies.
· Manage Insider Risks using machine learning detection controls and indicators, adaptive protection to dynamically enforce controls and advanced privacy controls
· Prevent Data Loss using built in exfiltration policies for Microsoft 365 apps, services and endpoints.
Cloud Solution Architects support customers through the whole adoption lifecycle, through planning, adoption, deployment and optimization. You will typically work within small "pod" teams and have access to a significant library of training, certification and usage guide resources.
· 3+ years' experience in Data Security / Information Security Management, Data Governance or related field AND 3+ years of working in cloud infrastructure, IT consulting/support, systems administration, architecture and/or software development.
· Good understanding of the principles of Data Security, such as data classification, encryption, sensitivity labelling, information protection policies and exfiltration controls
· Experience in the implementation (end to end) of Data Security projects with Data Security Platforms (Broadcom, Micro Focus, Forcepoint), preferably experience with Microsoft Purview (Information Protection, Data Loss Prevention, Information Risk Management)
· Experience working with Microsoft 365 services and/or Azure data services such as Sharepoint, Teams, Office 365, SQL, Azure Data Lake Services.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Management, or related field and 5+ years' experience in Data / Information Management.
· Ability to lead strategic customer conversations to educate and guide development of Data Security requirements.
· Ability to lead strategic customer conversations to develop Data Security Frameworks and solution architecture design.
· Experience in Content Services
· Recognised Data Management or Data Security certification such as:
o Cloud Data Management Capabilities (CDMC) Certification
o OR Data Management Capability Assessment Model (DCAM) Certification
o OR Certified Data Management Professional (DAMA)
o OR Certified Protection Professional (CCP) or equivalent Protection certification
· Microsoft certification in one of more of the following:
o SC-400, SC-100, MS-500, MS-102, SC-300, MS-900, SC-900
· Programming experiences, using REST API (e.g. C#, Python)
· Technical Certification in Microsoft 365 and other Cloud technologies (e.g., Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google, security certifications).
Notes for Recruiters:
Preferred Microsoft Certifications:
· SC-400 - The main Purview cert, it's beneficial but very few likely have it
· SC-100 - This one would be very valuable, as it means they have a good baseline Purview and broader M365 capabilities, easier to train the depth
· MS-500 - Similar to above, this is useful as it covers Purview from an M365 focused perspective to quite some depth. This was the go to, prior to SC-400
· MS-102 - Expert cert for M365, should make it fairly easy to bring them up to speed on any required technical depth.
· SC-300 - This one is also useful, as if they have a good understanding of our identity platform which provides a good starting point to build on
· MS-900 - Solid baseline for M365
· SC-900 - Solid baseline for Microsoft Security
Tooling skills to look for:
Data Security - Specifically for Data Security, these are all useful tools to have knowledge of so candidates with these would likely be easier to train.
· Information Protection
· Data Loss Prevention
· Insider Risk Management
· Defender for Cloud Apps
· Defender for Endpoint
· Device Management (Intune etc)
· Azure Active Directory
Data Compliance - Compliance tools do require a separate set of knowledge and while not in scope, it would help for the possible future plays and shouldn't be too difficult to train on the Security side.
· Data Lifecycle Management
· Records Management
Purview Data Governance
Jubair Patel´s note (SR CLOUD SOLUTION ARCHITECT) 11/14/2023
1 - Prior hands-on experience with Microsoft Information Protection, Sensitivity Labelling and Insider Risk Management tools
2 - Prior hands-on experience administering Microsoft 365 suite incl. Identify, Exchange, Security
3 - Subject matter expertise in Data Security
4 - Experience architecting and administering data security policies in similar tooling; Symantec, Forcepoint, Mulesoft etc..
5 - Experience on delivering workshops and trainings to partners and customers