Find your future role
Clerk of Works
|Contract 12 months +
Hi all, my client based in the Southwest is on the lookout for an experienced Clerk of Works to join the team on a longterm contract basis. Please see all further details on the role below...
Key skills required for this role
Clerk of Works - Highways - Maintenance - Drainage - Surfacing
Clerk of Works - Highways - Maintenance - Site
The primary role is to undertake site inspections, data collection, assist in design & monitoring the Term Maintenance Contractor recording site activities for audit purposes. Consulting with Client, Utility Providers & Local Communities.
The role will provide support to Engineers in the delivery of minor highway improvement schemes, drainage CCTV and repairs, carriageway surfacing / surface treatment projects, carriageway improvements, footway resurfacing & vehicular restraint works.
- To assist Engineers in the delivery of multi-location highway maintenance schemes from initial site inspections through to completion of construction works.
- To work as part of a collaborative team with the Client, Contractor, and local communities.
- Acting as CoW during construction and pre and post works, consulting with all stakeholders from the client, public and contractors.
- Demonstrable experience & extensive knowledge of highway maintenance operations, including understanding of related construction methods, site monitoring & contract documents.
- Experienced in monitoring contractors undertaking highway maintenance operations and traffic management activities.
- Experience in site inspections and creating site records, recording events during the construction process.
- Knowledge of quality, safety, and environmental processes.
- Full driving licence.
- Experience of Client and local stakeholder liaison.
- Experience of collaborative collaborating with Contractors.
- Streetworks certification.
- Appropriate CSCS Card.