Find your future role
|Contract 6 months
We are seeking a skilled and innovative Design Engineer to join our dynamic team focused on the development and implementation of Low Traffic Neighbourhoods (LTNs), cycle routes, junction redesign, and public realm schemes.
Key skills required for this role
highways traffic design engineering junctons cad aurtocad keyline keysigns road safety cycle schemes Active travel
highways traffic design engineering junctons cad aurtocad keyline keysigns road safety
Job Title: Design Engineer
Overview: We are seeking a skilled and innovative Design Engineer to join our dynamic team focused on the development and implementation of Low Traffic Neighbourhoods (LTNs), cycle routes, junction redesign, and public realm schemes. As a Design Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing sustainable, safe, and accessible transportation infrastructure, contributing to the creation of vibrant and livable communities.
Design Development: Lead the conceptualization, development, and refinement of transportation infrastructure projects including LTNs, cycle routes, junction redesign, and public realm schemes.
Technical Design: Create detailed engineering designs using CAD software, considering all aspects of the projects including traffic flow, pedestrian safety, cycling infrastructure, accessibility, and urban design principles.
Collaboration: Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams, including urban planners, architects, transportation experts, and local authorities to ensure cohesive and integrated designs that meet community needs and objectives.
Feasibility Studies: Conduct feasibility studies and assessments to evaluate the practicality, cost-effectiveness, and environmental impact of proposed designs and initiatives.
Regulatory Compliance: Ensure all designs comply with relevant local, state, and national regulations, codes, and standards, including transportation and urban planning guidelines.
Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with stakeholders, community groups, and residents to gather feedback, address concerns, and incorporate community input into the design process.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Proven experience in transportation engineering, with a focus on LTNs, cycle routes, junction redesign, or public realm schemes.
- Proficiency in CAD software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.) and other relevant design tools.
- Strong understanding of urban design principles, traffic management, and sustainable transportation practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and guidelines related to transportation infrastructure.