Find your future role
Are you a DevOps enthusiast looking for a new challenge? Leonardo is seeking a talented DevOps Specialist to join our team in Edinburgh and play a key role in our dynamic projects.
Key skills required for this role
Docker, VDI, DevOps, Validation & Verification frameworks, Server Management, DevOps Pipelines. Python, JS, Jira, Confluence & Bitbucket. GItlab
Position subject to security clearance and proof of 5-year UK residency.
At Leonardo, we have a fantastic opportunity for a DevOps Specialist. We are global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
Leonardo is a leader in Electronics and developing advanced multi-domain technological solutions (Air, Land, Sea, Space and Cyber) for security within and beyond national borders.
What you will do:
We need you to fully exploit the capabilities of our software development teams. We require innovative solutions for the development and optimisation of DevOps pipelines to exploit our substantial investment in teams, tools and capability to the max.
Our software subject matter experts are creating leading edge solutions involving complex models, systems and integration environments. We need solutions for automation and enhancement of our operations and software delivery pipelines that are just as innovative. With a practical focus on how complex systems are be put together, made to work and optimised, you will be the key driver in the integration of solutions.
You will be a key contributor to new and developing capabilities and have the opportunity to work alongside other experts in their respective fields. You will have the chance to exploit your existing skills and the space to develop further in your specialism, follow your expanding interests in a whole range of emerging technologies as well as huge personal opportunities with our comprehensive and rewarding career paths. Make a difference and be part of our success.
What we are looking for:
- DevOps Pipelines.
- Python, JS & other scripting languages.
- Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence & Bitbucket.
- Azure DevOps
- Server Management
In addition, some familiarity with:
- Validation & Verification frameworks
- Grafana & other visualisation tools
- OOD (Object Oriented Design) techniques
- Matlab Simulink
- Knowledge of standards such as RTCA 178C and coding standards such as MISRA C/C++
- Full software lifecycle including: Requirements Management, Design, Implementation, Test and Integration
- Rhapsody, VxWorks, DOORS, Dimensions or similar tools
You must be eligible for full security clearance.
Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme with access to free mental health support, financial wellbeing support and network groups to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion (Enable, Pride, Equalise, Reservists, Carers)
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
- Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below
For a full list of our Company benefits please visit our website.
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 8,000 are based at 8 sites throughout the UK.
At Leonardo UK, we believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment unlocks our people's full potential and drives innovation and creativity. We work hard to offer a welcoming, accessible and inclusive place to work for all of our people, creating a culture where everyone can thrive, feel safe and have a sense of belonging and connection.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo's future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us.
Primary Location: GB - Edinburgh
Hybrid Working: Onsite