Find your future role
Marine Electrical Engineer
Due to continued growth a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Marine Electrical Engineer within a marine surveillance business, based near Haslemere.
Key skills required for this role
Electrical Installation experience
Experience with cabling (i.e CAT 5 and ideally fibre) terminations as well as general engineering/project management skills .
As the Marine Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, maintaining and then recovering or re-siting suites of sensors that gather data for marine surveillance.
The role presents opportunities to help bring exciting emergent technologies into operation in a challenging and strategically important sector.
Suitable candidates will require technical knowledge, particularly networking/communication equipment experience. It is particuarly suited those from a telecoms background, but open to other industries also.
You will be based in Surrey (near Haselmere) for hands-on workshop-based build phases of projects, with travel then required in order to deploy the sensor suites in UK and abroad.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Lead, and guidance to apprentices, collaborating with colleagues to deliver quality products to agreed schedules and cost.
- Build and test of panels, control cabinets and distribution boxes
- Wiring and panel production
- Soldering, connector assembly crimping etc
- Test, interrogate and fault find a system
- Soldering, both at cable level and for PCB production
- Build and test of cables
- Battery cabling and termination
- Production of water-tight cable looms
- Production of a range of coaxial cable products
- Use and maintain electrical tooling including a wide range of cable crimping tools
- Electrical installation and fitout
- Working to Works Orders, drawings, engineering and production instructions
- Interpreting 2D CAD electrical schematics
- Power wiring, typically DC
- Installation of maritime systems
- Fault finding and rectification
- Working with electrical designers to develop and improve products, methods and drawings
- Reporting of progress and any production issues
- Management of stock materials, consumables and good production housekeeping
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day-to-day activities and procedures within the specified role
- To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information and Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role
- To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times
- To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments to deliver business objectives or deadlines
- To carry out any other duties as detailed by a member of the management team or authorised representative
- To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness. Health & Safety responsibilities
- To ensure that the working area is a clean and safe environment in compliance with the best practice and health and safety policies
- To ensure any equipment used is safe, within electrical test date and all guards and interlocks are working and in place
- To act safely and responsibly in line with company processes and Health and Safety procedures to ensure your safety and the safety of others
- To report any potential Health and safety hazards or violations to your supervisor/ line manager or directly to the QHSE manager
- To ensure any PPE or work wear required or provided for the job is worn and checked regularly for wear, and then reported when replacements required
- Full UK driving licence
- Strong personal organisational skills
- Strong and independent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Windows OS and basic networking
- Technical experience, especially networking/communication equipment
Salary and Benefits
- £40,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- BUPA healthcare
- BUPA cash plan
- Share options