Find your future role
Our client, a leading supplier of products and services to the Aerospace industry, are currently looking for a Semi Skilled Painter to join them on a permanent basis in Southampton.
Key skills required for this role
Semi Skilled, Attention to detail
Semi Skilled Painter, Attention to detail
As a semi-skilled painter, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of product, in line with local manufacturing instruction to produce high quality metallic, composite components.
In this role you will be responsible for masking, mixing and application of fillers, surface preparation, abrading using orbital sanders, Mixing and application Primer paint schemes, and the application of edge seal resins. in accordance with a variety of instructions, following detailed drawing and specifications to produce high quality parts for a variety of aircraft.
The successful applicant should demonstrate flexibility and work effectively as part of a larger multi-disciplined team. You will work with a minimum level of supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work undertaken. This role will require a very proactive approach to finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improving safety, cost, quality and delivery within the business.
- EHS - Promote a safe workplace environment without risk to health and minimising the impact to the environment. Ensure that all Environmental, Health and Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and that all accidents and incidents are reported
- Clocking and Booking - Ensure that all required clocking's (time and attendance) and bookings (job costings) are made in an accurate and timely manner
- Housekeeping - Ensure that workstations are kept clean and maintained, with all tools and equipment stored correctly. Uphold a clear desk policy
- Quality - Ensure that all Quality standards, processes and procedures are complied with. All work is completed with care and attention minimising wastage
- Cost Management - Support cost reduction and management initiatives through reducing unnecessary expenditure
- Knowledge & Skills - Keep knowledge and training up to date for necessary operations to the best of your knowledge and belief to achieve specification and acceptable standards for your role. For example, Approved Operator (AO) stamp(s) to be kept up to date
- Team Working - Must actively participate in team meetings and be prepared to share knowledge, coach and mentor trainees when required, be willing to be trained in other areas
- Any other reasonable duties that fall in line with the level of the role
Will include but is not limited to:
- Application of Primer paint schemes to a variety of Metallic, composite components.
- Application of resin and fillers to components in accordance with customer specifications and control
- Manual abrading and use of orbital sander
- Masking and stencilling of Aircraft Details In accordance with technical drawings and work instructions
- Mixing of fillers, paints and resins in line with manufacturer instructions and COSHH requirements
- Operating cure booths and monitoring the paint cure cycles
- Testing of painted surfaces by means of Tape, Isoscope.
- Time-Served apprenticeship or NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in recognised allied trade
- Competent in numeracy and literacy skills, and able to read and understand technical documentation
- Good level of dexterity
- Good knowledge of health and safety
- Drive to succeed as an individual and as part of a team
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Participating in training programmes and procedures
- Willing to learn and adapt with a strong focus on flexibility
- Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent time keeping
- Working understanding of the 5 S and lean principles
- Strong work ethic supported by a real positive attitude to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate the currency and competency of the key skill codes required within department
- Great attention to the detail and accuracy of the task requirement
- Basic IT Skills
- Previous paint experience in aerospace or manufacturing