Stem recruitment specialists
Find your future role
Major Projects Planner
|Contract 4 months
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
A London Borough is looking for an experience planning policy officer to assit on writing policy for Major Projects
Key skills required for this role
Planning Policy, Major Projects
Planning Policy Officer
Purpose of the Job
- To have lead responsibility for the handling of a full range of development management matters of strategic/significant importance to the borough: pre-application advice, planning applications and appeals.
- To work collaboratively with others, promoting a culture of positive planning, by negotiating with developers and other interested parties to secure positive outcomes on planning and other applications and securing financial and other community benefits through legal agreements.
- To have lead responsibility for negotiating and securing significant community benefits for the authority as part of the planning application process, to take the lead role as necessary on planning appeals, particularly Public Inquiries.
- To achieve timely, effective planning outcomes which uphold the Council's Core Values and meet the challenges of providing a cost-effective and customer friendly planning service.
- To deputise for senior managers as required.
- To ensure statutory and legal obligations are delivered and communicated in a customer focussed manner, optimising available responses.
- To act as an expert on issues related to the functional area.
- To assist with performance management of the service.