Find your future role
Our client, a leading supplier of products and services to the Aerospace industry, are currently looking for experienced CNC Machinists to join them on a permanent basis out of their site in Southampton.
Key skills required for this role
CNC Milling - CNC Turning - Heidenhain - Fanuc
You will manufacture components in a variety of materials following detailed drawing specifications to produce high quality parts for a variety of aircraft. Working to high tolerances, the role will set and operate CNC machining centres to produce complaint aircraft components to the required quality, within budget and timescales. The operator will need to have a good understanding of customer drawing requirements and specifications.
Will include but is not limited to:
- Set and operate machining centres producing compliant Aircraft components
- Loading raw billets into machine and checking the quality of components produced
- Working to schedule lists and work instructions with minimal supervision
- TPM on the machine and maintaining the high standard of cleanliness around the machine area
- The applicant must be a good team player flexible and be able to work to tight schedules.
- Attending and contributing to daily shop floor production meeting
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) or served a recognised apprenticeship in machining or associated trades - however, significant industry expeirence may be considered as an alternative to qualifications
- Strong experience in operating machining centres
- Experience with Fanuc and / or Heidenhain controls (Training will be given to suitable applicants with experience in other controls)
- Must be fully conversant in setting and operating 3, 4 and 5 axis machining centres
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions
- Self-inspection requirement and therefore desired to be conversant with statistical in process verification systems
- Must be prepared to work various shift patterns and overtime as required
- Need to be able to communicate effectively with other departments as the need arises
- Must be a team player, with a can-do attitude
- Working understanding of the 5S and lean principles
- Full understanding of engineering drawings.
- Must be able check their own work using standard dimensional checking equipment working towards being an approved operator quality stamp holder.
- Proven ability to actively participate in a team culture.
- To be able to work with minimal supervision
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Proven experience of setting and operating multi axis CNC machines; however, training will be provided specific to the machining and the control systems used on the machines.
- A good knowledge of tool setting.
- Ideally experienced in using tapping heads, hand tapping to gauge limits and floating tool holders would be desirable.
37 hours per week
- Earlies: 06:00-14:15 (Mon-Thu) / 06:00-12:00 (Fri)
- Lates: 14:15-10:30 (Mon-Thu) | 12:00-18:00 (Fri)
- Nights: 20:55-06:10 (Mon-Thu)
- Earlies: £28,274 rising to £29,112 after training
- Lates: £33,928 rising to £34,934 after training
- Nights: £35,342 rising to £36,390 after training
These salaries are inclusive of the applicable shift uplift for lates and nights. Overtime uplifts also applicable.
Suitable candidates must hold their own eligibility to work in the UK without sponsorship and able to obtain UK BPSS security clearance.