Find your future role
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client specialising in Aircraft Interiors is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team!
Key skills required for this role
Design Engineer, Mechanical Design, Aerospace
Mechanical Design, Aerospace
The design of mechanical parts, assemblies and systems and the compilation of associated documentation for the design of new components and/or modification of aerial platforms.
Will manage all design phases of technical projects and manage scheduling, estimating and
completion of design data. You shall conduct engineering studies and investigations, and prepare
reports for the DO leadership and Project Managers. You will also provide engineering guidance to other
departments, help to train new engineers and keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
* Work with customers and suppliers and integrate with Marketing, sales and project management.
* Compilation of design and certification data.
* Providing working design solutions to technical problems with the minimum of supervision.
* Check Signatory for Mechanical drawings and certification reports.
* Generating design concepts and supporting the design engineers in the execution of the design and certification packages.
* Provide support to the PDE or SDE for design reviews.
* Supporting production and installation engineers in matters relating to projects.
Responsibility & Ownership
- Safety first. Operate in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- Ensure that the requisite design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled in accordance with Company Procedures and regulatory requirements with regards to the applicable regulatory and/or customer certification specifications. This list includes, but is not limited to:
- Drawings, Service Bulletins, Test Plans/Reports, Concession/Prod Permit, ICA Data, Master Document List etc.
- Assist, and liaise with, the Compliance Verification Engineer throughout the design process on all design issues relating to airworthiness requirements.
- Support the HDO, PDE and SDE and the Project Manager and Project Team in the co-ordination, planning and control of the design data.
- Ensure all design documentation in the form of drawings and other supporting design data etc are complete and available to the Compliance Verification Engineer.
- Compile design and/or repair data as authorised by the HDO or DAwM.
- Independent checking of drawings and documents as authorised by the HDO or DAwM.
- Incorporate authorised changes/updates to design data as required.
- Maintain drawing and document registers.
- Support the Design Focal in design review meetings, ie PDR, CDR, FAI etc.
- Ensuring that tasks set are achieved to contractual budgets (time & cost).
- Regular liaison with internal/external manufacturing departments and suppliers to ensure any related issues are resolved and deadlines met.
- Work effectively as a key member in a team environment, liaising closely with in-house colleagues.
- Provide clear communication with Project Managers on the status of design programmes and ensure that problems impacting the design element are notified accordingly.
- Provide support to the Technical Illustrator for compilation of Technical Illustrations and associated aircraft related maintenance documents, ie AMM, CMM, IPL etc in accordance with Customer, Company &/or regulatory standards in support of Company design data.
- Assist the Design Focal to compile design data for PDR & CDR and other design reviews.
- Degree or HND/HNC or OND/ONC or equivalent in mechanical or aerospace engineering or 5 years relevant industry experience
- Have a clear understanding of aircraft component and/or system design requirements, materials and manufacturing processes.
- CATIA proficient.
- Able to produce calculations in support of design activities.
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements, ie CAA, EASA, FAA, UK MAA is desirable.