Find your future role
Senior Avionic Design Engineer
Our Aerospace client based in Bournemouth is looking for a Senior Avionics Engineer to join their expanding team!
Key skills required for this role
Aerospace, Avionics, System Safety Analysis, Part 21 DOA/military DAOS
Aerospace, Avionics, System Safety Analysis
Design and drafting of circuit layouts and diagrams, electrical assemblies, systems and harnesses and the compilation of associated documentation for the design of changes to aircraft electrical/avionic systems and for new components/systems.
Shall manage all design phases of technical projects and manage scheduling, estimating and completion of design data. They shall conduct engineering studies and investigations, and prepare reports for the DO leadership and Project Managers. They also provide engineering guidance to other departments, help to train new engineers, and keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
- Work with customers and suppliers and integrate with Marketing, sales and project management.
- Compilation of design and certification data.
- Providing working design solutions to technical problems with the minimum of supervision.
- Check Signatory for Avionics/Electrical drawings and certification reports.
- Lead the design team relating to particular projects including the delivery (on time and to the appropriate quality) of all relevant design and certification data.
- Generating design concepts and supporting the design engineers in the execution of the design and certification packages.
- Provide support to the PDE for design reviews.
- Supporting production and installation engineers in matters relating to projects.
- Coaching and supporting design engineers and overseeing their development.
Responsibility & Ownership
- Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- Ensure that the requisite electrical/avionic design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled in accordance with Company Procedures and regulatory requirements with regards to the applicable regulatory and/or customer certification specifications. This list includes, but Is not limited to:
- Wiring diagrams/schematics/wire lists, Service Bulletins, Test Plans/ Reports, Concession/Prod Permit, ICA Data, Master Document List,
- Assist, and liaise with, the Compliance Verification Engineer throughout the design process on all design issues relating to airworthiness requirements.
- Support the HDO, PDE and the Project Manager and Project Team in the co-ordination, planning and control of the design data.
- Ensure all design documentation in the form of drawings and other supporting design data etc are complete and available to the Compliance Verification Engineer.
- Compile design data as authorised by the Head of Design or Design Airworthiness Manager.
- Incorporate authorised changes/updates to design data.
- Maintain drawing and document registers.
- Support the Design Focal engineer(s) in design review meetings, ie PDR, CDR, FAI etc.
- Ensuring that tasks set are achieved to contract budget (time & cost).
- Regular liaison with internal/external manufacturing departments and suppliers to ensure any related issues are resolved and deadlines met.
- Work effectively as a key member in a team environment, liaising closely with in-house colleagues.
- Provide clear communication with Project Managers on the status of design programmes and ensure that problems impacting the design element are notified accordingly.
- Provide support to the Technical Illustrator for compilation of Technical Illustrations and associated aircraft related maintenance documents, ie AMM, CMM, IPL etc in accordance with Customer, Company &/or regulatory standards in support of Company design data.
- Assist the Design Focal to compile design data for PDR & CDR and other design reviews.
- Degree or HND/HNC or OND/ONC in electrical engineering, or,
- 5 years related industrial experience (this should be evidenced by the employment history on the applicant/job holder CV).
- Have a clear understanding of aircraft avionic/electrical component and/or system design requirements, materials and manufacturing processes.
- CATIA, Solidworks or Auto CAD proficient.
- Able to produce calculations in support of the design activity.
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements, ie EASA, JAA, FAA is desirable.