Find your future role
Looking for a Network engineer who has experience with core infrastructure!
see details below , If interested send a copy of your and I will be in touch !
Key skills required for this role
The role will provide a senior level of support for the on-prem networking infrastructure, focusing on the core and edge networks including our main data, estates management and remote networks, as well as internet connectivity, physical cabling infrastructure, and increasingly within an Azure cloud environment.
- Monitor, manage and maintain all networking infrastructure to ensure continued service delivery
- Work with stakeholders to determine business requirements for network solutions or changes to existing services
- Provide support to other Infrastructure team members responsible for Endpoint IPAM/DHCP/DNS services
- Implement network improvements and manage changes to support all users with minimal downtime
- Collaborate with cybersecurity to ensure internal and external are fully secured using network access control and segmentation technologies.
- Manage and report on network utilisation and performance of wired and wireless infrastructure
- Create and maintain operational documentation relating to the LAN/WAN/WIFI infrastructure
- Provide knowledge transfer to Service Delivery teams
Technical Skills (role-dependent)
- Cloud IaaS/PaaS - Azure and Microsoft 365 services
- Virtualisation platforms - VMware and Hyper-V
- Endpoint management - Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- IAM - Entra ID, Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Backup technologies - Commvault & Rubrik
- Support large campus layer-2 networks and remote access solutions.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Software packaging and deployment
- WSUS and Patch management
- OS deployment, configuration and automation
- Business continuity solutions - VMware SRM, Hyper-V replication
- Azure virtual infrastructure
- Content storage platforms
- Experience with networking technologies, including Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise and Allied Telesis
- Experience of network protocols and topologies including OSPF, BGP, VRFs
- Knowledge of basic network security concepts such as NAC, 802.1x and segmentation systems (Preferably Forescout)
Location: 2 days onsite in Teddington.
Please be advised you will have to go through SC clearance due to the nature of the client's business
Salary up to £60k.
This is a permanent opportunity and please be advised the right candidate would have to be SC cleared or clearable please check your eligible before applying.