Find your future role
Senior Drainage Engineer
|West Midlands, England
|Contract 12 months+
- Our client is looking for Senior Drainage Engineer to join a busy team who strive to push each other every day.
Key skills required for this role
Drainage, Flood Risk, Urban Drainage, Asset Management
BTEC Higher in Civil Engineering or equivalent in the same field OR substantial relevant experience in surface water drainage engineering.
- Under the guidance of the Flood Risk Engineering & Strategy Officer, develop and manage drainage maintenance schemes. To work closely with the Highways Operations Teams and external contractors to ensure that the Drainage Capital Programme is delivered on time and to budget. To assist the Flood Risk Engineering & Strategy Officer with the development and delivery of the Council's Surface Water Management Plan, Asset Management and Data collection. To support the Flood Risk Management team in providing technical advice on the watercourse consents and on Sustainable Urban Drainage approval.
- To identify highway drainage maintenance needs and prioritise works including working with the Highways Asset Management Engineer to produce forward programmes of work.
- To design highways drainage maintenance and minor drainage improvement schemes in line with established design parameters including drawings, specifications and contract documentation to ensure the delivery of high quality services on time and to budget.
- To prepare works orders for CCTV drainage and culvert surveys together with pipework and culvert lining schemes.
- To prepare works orders for highway drainage maintenance schemes, monitor and review costs and agree final accounts for authorisation.
- Provide innovative thinking to find solutions to engineering problems, making use of up to date systems on processes within relevant markets.
- Responsibility to monitor overall cost control to support the Flood Risk Engineering & Strategy Officer, and the Flood Risk Manager.
- Monitor contractor performance and value obtained from external contracts