Find your future role
|Contract 6 months
Our client is looking an experienced Security Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
Key skills required for this role
Security Engineer, Accreditation
Information Security Engineer
Location: Oakdale, Wales (predominately remote)
Duration: 6 month initial contract
Rate: £610 p/day LTD (Outside IR35)
Our client is looking for experienced Security Engineers to join their team on a contract basis:
- A security generalist with expertise in accreditation/assurance, and JSP604 assurance.
- A security specialist with expertise in certification creation, management the use of PKI. Expertise in DKPI preferable.
Our client is looking to engage the services of a Security Engineer to work on a project within the CIS and Cyber domains. The role will be responsible for providing security domain expertise. Ideal candidates will come from a defence background, with experience implementation and compliance with Security Architectural Frameworks such as: Infosec Standard 1&2 (IS1&2), ISO27001 and excellent knowledge of security defence standards, policies and guidelines.
- Work with the Technical Project Managers and the Solution Design Team to create required security deliverables for the project.
- Provide security authority and guidance to the project, ensuring Security is part of all Engineering decisions.
- Support the generation and maintenance of project level security documentation
- Develop and support assurance for all project Security outputs.
- Hands on experience of Model Based System Engineering
- Development and implementation of open architectures
- Deliver a coherent, integrated, and layered Security Architecture.
- Ensure risks and issues are within the boundaries of the Accreditors risk appetite through identification of appropriate risk mitigations.
- Liaise as required with the customer Security representative and produce supporting artefacts for SyTLMs.
- Traceability of security design to requirements
- Assist in the conduct of secure configuration and integration activities.
- Work with the wider Design team to ensure implementations are compatible with the Security Design.
- Work with the wider test team to provide evidence from security functional tests.
What we are looking for in you:
The candidate will have experience in large, complex systems across all phases of the project lifecycle in a security context and will have produced security designs, and successfully have taken these through accreditation, and into support.
Previous experience of implementation and compliance with any of the following Security Architectural Frameworks:
- System Administration and Networking and Security (SANS) Institute Framework;
- National Institute of Standards Technology Framework SP 800-53;
- National Institute of Standards Technology Cyber Security Framework
- NATO Communications Information Agency (NCIA) Standards;
- ISO 27001 (2013); BS ISO/IEC 27001:2013;
- Infosec Standard 1&2 (IS1&2);
- European Directive on security of Networks and Information Systems Directive (NIS Directive); and
- any other demonstrably relevant standard or framework (SABSA, COBIT etc.)