Find your future role
Senior Development Engineer - Advanced Fuel Injection Systems
An exciting role for an experience Development Engineer with proven Fuel Injection & Fuel Systems development experience. Hydraulic/pneumatic and electromechanical Systems development in the Automotive domain.
Key skills required for this role
Automotive, Fuel Systems, Development
Automotive, Fuel Injection, Hydraulic/Pneumatic, Electromechanical Systems
Development/Senior Development Engineer - Advanced Fuel Injection Systems
Location :Gillingham, UK
About the Client: Advancing sustainability today, powering carbon-free tomorrow
The job role involves the development of innovative fuel injection equipment and associated system components for future automotive requirements. The role will also involve the testing and validation of components, and generating specifications based on customer requirements.Specific training will be provided for injector product functionality as required.
- To use a structured approach to identify root causes of problems and mechanisms behind them.
- To define performance criteria and execute test plans on injector test rigs, engines and/or vehicles to demonstrate product performance
- To interpret test data using analytical tools and prepare reports, presentations, and technical documentation to provide clear analysis and summaries for decision making.
- To apply engineering standards, procedures, and methodologies to execute project activities.
- Support planning, including detailed timing plans, management reviews and customer meetings.
What we're looking for
- Understanding of detailed engineering drawings and geometric tolerancing.
- IT knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- English language in both written and spoken to a strong professional level.
- Personal and presentation skills, to enable liaison with internal teams and to external clients.
- Able to operate effectively in a multi-national multi-lingual project environment.
- Ability to apply DFMEA methodology.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage several tasks at once.
- Ability to use data processing and test automation software, such as Matlab or Diadem, for collecting and processing data.
- Ability to work as part of a team whilst showing self-motivation and initiative.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate via reports, emails and presentations.
- Be able to work, present and communicate within all areas of the organisation and cross functional team.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Ability to coach/train engineers and junior staff members.
- Flexibility to travel.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering or related subject.
- At least 5 years industrial experience in product design/development.
- Proven understanding of the principals of physics and mechanical engineering, with experience in problem solving with structured methodologies.
- Experience with specifying test procedures, analysis, and interpretation of results.
- Experience with high pressure hydraulic/pneumatic and electromechanical systems.
- Experience of automotive industry
- Familiarity with high performance materials engineering and manufacturing processes e.g. grinding, heat treatment, injection molding.
- Application of problem-solving methodologies, such as Shainin RedX, design for six sigma, etc.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Long service holiday (if applicable)
- Working hours are 37 each week
- Pension Scheme
- Dental plan
- Onsite parking
- Staff discount with selected retails + wellbeing platforms
- Discounted gym membership at Roko
- On Site Gym (£10 per Month)
- Subsidised canteen
- Friendly working environment
- Relocation package of up to £6,000 (Subject to Criteria)
For this role, applicants MUST be currently authorized to work in the United Kingdom on a full-time basis.