Find your future role
Field Based Assistant Installation Engineer
🔧 Position: Assistant Installation Engineer
📍 Location: Colchester, Essex - Field Based
🌐 Salary: £16.50 p/h plus overtime
🚰 Some stay away with accommodation provided
📅 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Key skills required for this role
Installation Engineer, Installation, Assistant Installation Engineer
Assistant Installation Engineer
Overall Job Objective.
This is a newly created position for time served experienced and competent Trainee Engineers providing a dedicated resource to support the efforts of our Installation and service departments to aid and facilitate the smooth operation of the business and to fulfill the needs of our customers and their requirements for the successful installation, commissioning and maintenance of their sewage and surface water pumping station assets.
Assist the company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health & Safety at work and Quality in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the company.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities.
* Collaborate with the management of the company and assist with the implementation and execution of the key objectives for the further development of the business.
* Assist the lead engineer with the installation and commissioning of pumping stations as designed in the technical pack.
* Deputise in the absence of the lead engineer.
* To investigate and rectify site issues identified during routine and emergency attendances to customers sites.
* To be part of a call out system monitoring and react to Critical Alarms from the iMAS telemetry monitoring system and provide reactive support as and when required, in conjunction with other members of the Service and Operational teams.
* To assist with the day-to-day operation of the Operations Department with the sole aim of providing high levels of customer satisfaction, exceptional quality and sustained profitable growth for the company.
* Assist the company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health & Safety at work and Quality in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the company.
* To liaise closely with colleagues on a day-to-day basis to ensure tasks are completed as and when required.
* Drive Company Vehicles as required (Subject to having a valid driving license and being over 25 years of age)
* Undertake and pass company financed training as and when required.
* When not working on Installations you will be required to assist the service department and service engineers.
* Respond to customer requirements and provide continuously high levels of service, to ensure that complete customer satisfaction is maintained, and repeat business is secured.
* To assist in developing and maintain the reputation of the company as a market leading enterprise.
* To maintain and inspect issued company property (vehicles & equipment) to a high standard to promote and maintain the reputation of the company as a market leading enterprise.
* To use all company IT systems to allow swift and prompt accurate record keeping and aid the service department in achieving both KPI and SLA agreements.
* To carry out other tasks that may be required in order to maintain the smooth operation and development of the business.
This is a newly established company and, as such, all new employees are expected to contribute towards the smooth running and operation of the business to achieve its objectives. New employees are required to have the following key attributes: -
1. Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative within the boundaries set out.
2. Technically competent with expertise associated with pumping station Installation and adoptions.
3. Ability to Read and Interpret Drawings, translating to correct installation of equipment in accordance with design.
4. Carry out Call outs and site visits as required in the absence of the Lead engineer.
5. Highly accurate by nature.
6. Reliable with the ability to work under pressure and to customer deadlines.
7. Ability to multi-task and accept additional responsibilities to support the operation of the business.
8. Excellent communication skills.
9. Computer & IT literate.
10. Be fully committed and work hard to achieve objectives.
11. Clean driving license.