Find your future role
HSE Lead (pharma)
|£55,000 - £60,000/annum
Our Client is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets.
Key skills required for this role
Our Client is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. We enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs.
We have extensive experience in offshore and onshore facilities; specialising in asset management services throughout all life cycle phases from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, operations, maintenance, and decommissioning.
This commitment is delivered by an experienced and highly competent workforce of over 4,500 employees operating from 14 offices in strategic industrial hubs, upholding the highest standards of safety, compliance and quality.
To take a leading role managing a site based team of HSE personnel and providing HSE support and guidance to the Site Director.
In addition working closely to support the Regional HSE Manager with the implementation of the company HSE strategy, improvements to the company Safety Management System and processes.
Act as a mentor and manage the on-site HSE Advisors, working closely with the Client HSE team to ensure high standards and compliance with health, safety and environmental standards are implemented and maintained
- Lead and mentor the site based HSE team to improve performance and create a strong HSE culture within the company by:
- Leading and developing project / site HSE plans that meet with company business objectives in conjunction with Operational Management and the Regional HSE Manager
- Identifying development / competence needs of the HSE Advisors and ensuring that these requirements are made known to the Site Management / HSE function for implementation
- Managing and developing stakeholder relationships with regards to HSE matters
- Disseminating experience and knowledge to the HSE Advisors
- Leading team members and ensuring audit of customer sites are executed effectively and that any actions arising are followed up and closed out in a timely manner
- Engaging with and developing relationships with Client HSE personnel
- Being an active and visible member of the team by spending time on site engaging in audit and inspection processes and interacting with site personnel and HSE Advisors
- Working with Operational Management to enable them to take ownership and deliver HSE 'through the line'
- Actively engaging with and advising HSE Advisors on incident investigation and leading the process through to satisfactory completion
- Work in close cooperation with the Regional HSE Manager to:
- Provide support and deliver against Company targets and objectives
- Promote the use of the company HSE Management System and identify any shortfalls or areas of improvement to the HSE Manager
- Promote and support the Company Behavioural Safety Programme 'Safety Works'
- Report on concerns of non-compliance or potential non-adherence to legislation
- Identify and monitor issues, create new ideas and identify areas to drive improvements to:
- Products and services
- Health, safety and environmental performance
- Routine Duties:
- Provide support to Operations to ensure all hazards associated with the site activities are identified and that risks to health, safety and the environment are assessed and that suitable control measures are implemented
- Ensure the CMS system is adhered to
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are recorded within the 'Active' HSEQ reporting system, root cause analysis is completed and that suitable actions are assigned to mitigate future events occurring
- Disseminate HSE information to the HSE Advisors as directed by the HSE function on new regulations, practices and initiatives
- Give guidance and advice on matters relating to HSE systems and initiatives within Our Clients buisness
- Conduct HSE audits onsite
- Assist in developing, promoting and monitoring compliance with HSE performance indicators
- Develop and contribute towards the continual improvement of the HSE culture throughout the company
- Deliver onsite HSE training as required
- Develop HSE Initiatives
- Provide guidance and support on HSE matters to on-site personnel and Management
- Ensure all HSE related concerns are reported and actively followed up with the Operational Management on site
Experience & Qualifications
- Auditing / Inspection
- Incident Management & Investigation
- HSE Legislation
- CDM Regulations Experience
- Management System Standards
- Industrial Services Sector and Petrochemical Industry
- Improvement planning
- NVQ 5 / NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) - (preferred)
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Grad IOSH Status