Stem recruitment specialists
Find your future role
|Kingston Upon Hull, England
|Contract 4 months
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
We are looking for a Area Lead on a 4 month contract basis based in Hull.
Key skills required for this role
Area Superintendent (Day Work)
Area Superintendent (Day Work)
- Support the setting the styles and standards for the delivery of HSE Performance Excellence
- Support the Leadership Team in the attainment of KPI performance within the Contract target parameters
- Act the "Responsible Owner" for any engineering infrastructure such as workshops and laydown areas
- Serve as the focal point for the day to day delivery of maintenance activities:
- Closely interfacing with key client stake holders (Maintenance Managers and Engineers) to ensure delivery against the Schedule
- Closely interfacing with our stake holders to ensure delivery against the Schedule
- Ensure the workforce is adequately briefed with regard to work plans, procedures and practices
- Highlighting and reporting any issues that affect schedule delivery on a daily basis
- Managing any change to delivery schedule - POP / CoWS / Sub-Order and providing relevant documented evidence (CVI / POP / OT forms)
- Ensuring robust forward organisation of permitry, materials, and manpower to eliminate non-productive time
- Monitoring and driving of productivity levels without any detriment to any Health and Safety requirements
- Driving the use of alternative access in order to improve productivity and minimise any manual handling risk
- Ensure scaffold quality is in-line with current legislative requirements
- Operate and build relationships with the leadership team, direct reports and general workforce, include client, sub-contracting and vendors
- Participate in the Contract Audit program as required / Directed
- Manage maintenance and service provider's owners / personnel as required
- Liaise with planning group to analyse progress and individual team(s) efficiency
- Provide technical support in all aspects of a multi-discipline team
- Support the compilation of job methodologies and risk assessments - this can be coordinated through the Supervision - which may include JSA involvement
- Reviews work plans and schedules to enable efficient co-ordination of work activities.
- Ensure all work is executed in line with relevant technical standards: CMS, CDM regulations, SABIC Management Procedures (MPs) and MEMS 06.04 Asset Maintenance Workflow Process (AMWP)
- Ensures correct materials and equipment are available for the work scope and project, working with the procurement team.
- Challenge the norm and drive safety and efficiency in the field.
- Holds regular safety and planning meetings with Supervision (Task Owners) to set expectations and performance.
- Consult with management or the safety team on any issues relating to HSEQ.
- Performance management of direct reports using the our personal review procedure, HRcules
- Arranges and coordinates 'call out' requirements within their Area
- Deputise for the Maintenance Delivery Manager
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to the role through the identification of improvement opportunities