Find your future role
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager with a busy welding and fabrication business, based in the Glasgow area
Key skills required for this role
Project Management experience/Welding and Fabrication background
Project Management experience/Welding and Fabrication experience
As a project manager you are responsible for running multiple projects both in the workshop and offsite. The role requires excellent people management skills, organisational skills and a can-do attitude. Multi-tasking, problem solving, and a sense of urgency are also key to ensure the smooth running of projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Managing multiple projects both in the workshop and out on site.
- Managing schedules and ensuring project scope and individual deliverables are met.
- Manage the team assigned to the project.
- Attend site and vessels to manage client interface, reporting and progress.
- Managing project budgets and reporting to Director on weekly basis.
- Ensure you are fully aware of project scope and the terms and conditions under which we are executing the work.
- Change management, raising variation orders and agreeing with client prior to commencing work.
- Management of and liaison with clients, allocated resources, sub-contractors, suppliers and third parties.
- Set-up and maintenance of projects in company project management and accountancy software.
- Identify engineering issues ahead of time and ensure solutions are implemented.
- Purchasing of materials and consumables in accordance with drawings and weld procedures
- Produce reports internal and for clients.
- Completion of document packs on project delivery
- Support the development of marketing material including contract records for your projects, newsletter entries, website case studies and any other articles or publications the Group decides to support.
- Promote the Group's QA and HSE policies within the company and ensure adherence in your projects to these standards.
- Promote, and actively assist with, the development and improvement of Group QAHSE procedures, work instructions, technical standards and internal reference materials.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Use own initiative
- Ability to multitask.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to understand and explain design ideas and drawings clearly.
- Confident decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience as a Project Manager in a similar business.
- Experience of welding/fabrication and project management across many sectors from concept through design, detail, execution, commissioning and delivery.
- Site experience
- Driving Licence
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Higher level qualification in a marine or engineering subject
- Project Management qualification
- NDT qualifications
The job requires that you be physically able to:
- Communicate effectively on the phone, in person and via email.
- Sit or stand at a desk and operate a computer via keyboard and mouse.
- Travel to meetings in UK and abroad independently.
- Safely visit construction sites independently.
- Will be a mix of office, fabrication workshop and site work
- May require long hours.
- Dependant on experience, will be discussed at application stage