Find your future role
|£23 - £38/hour
|Contract 12 Months
Our client is looking for a Bid Officer to join their team on a contract basis.
Key skills required for this role
Duration: 12 month contract
Rate: £23 - £38ph UMB - DOE (Inside IR35)
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain security clearance.
Our client is looking for a Bid Officer to join their team on a contract basis. This role is focused on co-ordinating and managing research, concepts and technology bids into various externally funded frameworks that the client participates in. You will be responsible for driving pursue/ no pursue decisions, forming and leading bid teams to win new and interesting work that will help secure the future of our business.
You will be part of the Concepts and Technology team working closely with finance, commercial, Future Systems and technical functions. As well as taking the lead on bids into frameworks, you will also provide assistance to other Win Team Leads in the Concepts and Technology and wider UK S&BD teams as appropriate. A key part of your role will be interfacing with internal colleagues, UKMoD and the nominated framework providers with whom you will be expected to develop and maintain effective and enduring relationships. For some bids you will have the opportunity to form collaborative teams with industrial partners and academia.
You will also be responsible for allocating and managing tendering spend, tracking bid progress and ensuring that the client submits compelling, competitive and winning bids. Through close working with others you will be contributing to shaping and influencing business strategy on key concepts and technologies for the future.
What we are looking for in you:
You will need to be energetic, enthusiastic and organised as you will often be managing several bids simultaneously, often in tight timescales. You will require very good communication skills and will need to be committed to building relationships and working with knowledgeable and experienced colleagues to achieve timely and high quality outputs.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent is desirable
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to plan ahead. Bid or project management experience is desirable
- The drive to create momentum and excitement within bid teams and obtain commitment to deliver timely outputs
- An appetite to provide constructive inputs to enable continued improvements to bids, frameworks etc.
- Business development experience is not a pre-requisite for this role
- Experience of working in teams. While not essential, it would be beneficial if you have experience of managing small teams.
- Very good communication skills
- An interest in and a level of understanding of technologies is beneficial although not a pre-requisite