Find your future role
Laboratory Technician- Scientist
|Contract 6 months
My client is a global leader in scientific research and dev, they are looking for a scientist to support relevant product capabilities and drive continuous improvement.
Key skills required for this role
Scientific, technologist, laboratory, chemistry, governance, compliance, quality, calibration
Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, toxicology, research and development
My client is a global leader in scientific research and development looking for a scientist to support relevant product development and capabilities in the lab and drive continuous improvement in quality control and product safety for new technology development.
Responsibilities include product formulation production and supporting product development processes using defined work practices or procedures. Engaging with internal product development teams, review production reports and summarising findings.
Tasks are achieved by thorough understanding of product quality requirements, chemistry, analytical science, and techniques relevant to the analysis of consumer use products and all materials associated with the construction or use of this type of products.
Experience and understanding formulations are preferable, including a responsibility with conducting small batch sample preparation and hazardous material management. Role holder should have an efficient and organised approach to practical activities, time and data management and reporting as well as an approachable and collaborative working style.
- This role will formulate the product in response to technical challenges defined by management, as part of continuous improvement of the product development.
- Assist in conducting basic wet chemistry tests of products in accordance to the QC standards using, PH meter, NIR, density, UV-VIS, viscosity, flash point and more.
- Planning - short and long-term management of all formulation requests and using formal project management tools where necessary.
- Work as part of a team and is responsible for operating in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security, environmental, quality, accuracy and efficiency
- Performs routine calibration, and maintenance of the laboratory instruments as required for normal lab operations
- Participate in job safety analysis and has good work area housekeeping/follows appropriate PPE
- Supports the laboratory ISO quality management system and audits
- Follow and promote Quality procedures and standards to enable the business to achieve and maintain excellent results.
- Guidance from Technical Specialists will be provided
The candidate MUST HAVE
- Proven practical laboratory experience backed by knowledge of principles of sample preparation for measurement & analysis
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks based on business need
- To have technical curiosity with problem solving skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal/external stakeholders
- Strong team player who collaborates with peers to support critical projects and results with a positive "can-do" attitude and effective problem solver.
- High attention to detail
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- University degree (at least BSc) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or associated discipline MUST HAVE
Ask your self these questions and ONLY apply if all three of them are YES!!!
- Do you have experience working in a laboratory environment ?
- Do you have a passion for formulation development?
- Do you have a science degree ?
Do you live near or in Southampton, if not you would have to relocate at your own expense and there would be no sponsorship option at this time. Please only apply if you have the correct right to work for this opportunity.