Skip to main content
Stem recruitment specialists

Find your future role

Job title

Associate / Associate Director - London

Ref no. BHN572982
Location City of London, England
Start date ASAP
Job type Permanent
Job status Closed

Job summary

Due to their continious success this well established International Consultancy are now looking for an Associate / Associate Director to help lead the team and business moving forward across the Development Infrastructure sector.

Key skills required for this role

Highway and drainage design


Highway and drainage design, Project Management, team leadership

Job description

Associate or Associate Director - Civil Engineering - London

Full Time, Hybrid/Flexible, Permanent

The opportunity:

We are seeking an experienced Associate or Associate Director of Civil Engineering to join our client's dynamic team in London. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly skilled Civil Engineer with a strong background in highways, drainage, and infrastructure design to join a really progressive and forward thinking Consultancy. The Ideal candidate will have held senior roles such as Senior Engineer, Principal Engineer, Associate, or Associate Director. Individuals will be judged on their own merit depending on the skills they can bring to the table.

About the Company:

Our client are a renowned International Development Consultancy with a global presence, employing thousands of staff in major cities across every continent.

The London Civil Engineering Team has grown significantly, now comprising 16 members, and has become one of the most respected teams in the city.


In the Central London office you will find yourself working on a diverse range of projects. As a guide approximately 80% are focused on large-scale domestic residential and mixed-use developments of up to 3000 homes, city centre redevelopments, shopping centres, hospitals, and waterfronts. The remaining 20% involves major international projects, including developments in Neom (Saudi Arabia), the United States, and Pakistan. The international project portfolio is expanding, offering exciting growth opportunities for both you and the business,.

Role Purpose & Responsibilities:

Due to our clients continued success, both in the UK and overseas, combined with a strong reputation for project delivery and client satisfaction, their workload has growth from strength to strength.

Due to the high demand across their client base they are now seeking additional management expertise to support both their technical and commercial undertakings across the projects. The Associate or Associate Director will role will include::

  • Overseeing the technical delivery of projects.
  • Assisting with commercial responsibilities such as invoicing and managing staff costs.
  • Managing a team of 8 staff across different locations.
  • Mentoring staff in best practices for drainage design, flood risk management, pavement design, and highways.
  • Leading efforts to win new work and maintain client relationships.
  • Reviewing technical submissions from planning applications to detailed designs.
  • Providing civil engineering support to the structural team.
  • Organising training sessions for the team.


  • In-depth technical knowledge of roads, pavement, drainage, earthworks, and utilities design.
  • Strong commercial acumen within the consulting civil engineering sector.
  • Proven leadership and delegation skills.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.


  • Flexible/Hybrid working arrangements with hotdesking.
  • Company Pension.
  • Private Healthcare.
  • Standard Annual Leave.
  • Life Assurance.
  • Payment Protection Scheme.

If this sounds like you and you're equally eager to join a forward thinking, design led team, who can offer you a wide range of impactful projects in a supportive and growth-oriented environment then please don't hesitate to forwarding your CV and get in contract now!.

Matchtech is a STEM Recruitment Specialist, with over 40 years’ experience

Learn more about Matchtech

Let us find jobs for you