- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
DE&S/SDA Project Manager L4
At Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) and the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), we're excited to be expanding our need for Senior Project Managers across the project management function.
We have multiple positions for dynamic Senior Project Managers to bring their knowledge and experience into DE&S/SDA and to lead on the delivery and support to our Armed Forces.
A career in DE&S or the SDA will provide you with diverse opportunities in key roles at the forefront of fast-paced and cutting-edge delivery projects. This could involve delivering future capabilities in areas such as robotics and automation, managing our current national and international defence priorities, and implementing wider Government policy needs in support of COVID or Disaster Relief.
If you have experience of leadership, an aspiration for further development, and the passion and commitment to consistently deliver the best outcomes, then DE&S and the SDA is for you.
- Lead and develop high performing multidiscipline teams, to deliver agreed time, cost and quality outcomes across different stages of the life cycle
* Lead by example to establish an open, no blame and inclusive culture
* Demonstrate reliance in operating in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environments and putting in place strategies/plans to deliver
* Build strong relationships across a complex stakeholder environment, clarifying requirements, boundaries and managing expectations
* Effective management of contractors, utilising levers to ensure delivery against contractual commitments
* Use structured techniques to ensure delivery against the agreed plan whilst actively managing risks
Due to the secure nature of positions, some posts will be reserved for SOLE UK nationals only.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essentialcriteria:
* Experience in leading project delivery, setting targets and objectives, and holding accountability for delivering outputs within an ever-changing environment
* Experience in building strong relationships with senior managers and decision makers across a complex stakeholder environment
* Experience leading both customers and suppliers, clarifying requirements, boundaries and managing expectations
* Proven experience/ability in the fields of Project Delivery, Operations Management or Change Management
* Effective utilisation of techniques to monitor performance against the plan, actively identifying and managing risks and finding solutions
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviourswill be assessed at interview:
* Acquisition Project Management
* Seeing the big picture
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
Find out more about what DE&S offers by clicking here. Find out more about SDA by clicking here. Please refer to the Civil Service Pensions Retirement Modeller to get an indication of the benefits you may receive from your Civil Service Pension, when you come to retire.
We are keen to represent the communities we serve within our workforce and to help us achieve this we particularly welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities and disabled people for this role.
About your team
The Project Management Function provides a pipeline of project professionals to deliver our complex programme of work. The breadth of what our Project Managers do, means a career with us gives you a fantastic level of variety and a genuine ability to develop your project management career. From developing the nation's future submarines to acquiring armoured vehicles, our work is at the forefront of fast-paced, cutting-edge project delivery.
Role closes on Sunday 26th September