- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Transmission Line Engineer
Our client is looking for someone to lead a Project Design Team
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
- Lead a project design team
- Responsible for the quality/schedule/budget of the transmission line engineering deliverables
- Required to apply engineering stamp on the drawings prepared under his/her responsible charge
- Design high voltage transmission lines of 69kV to 500kV range.
- Provide cost analyses, development of design criteria, routing and siting of transmission lines
- Work with experienced engineers and mentor less experienced staff
- Work with a diverse client base and interact with the client and other project teams
- Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings
- Develop proposals and cost estimates for new work
- Work with vendors and clients to specify transmission line components.
- Current PE registration in the US and ability to register in in the North-East US States
- BSCE or BSEE from an ABET- accredited engineering program
- Solid working knowledge of the PLS-CADD suite of design software tools and well versed in the design of wood, steel, and concrete pole structures. Experience in lattice tower design a plus.
- 5 or more years of experience as a member of a project team in observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse transmission assignments that have included the following: transmission line design incorporating code requirements, transmission line routing, right of way selection, sag and tension, plan and profile, cost estimate development, schedule creation and coordination, the preparation of specifications for procurement and construction of transmission lines
- High Voltage transmission line design experience, 69kV to 500kV. HVDC transmission design experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: PLS-TOWER, SAG10, LPILE, MFAD, ArcGIS, CDEGS, AutoCAD, MicroStation
- Proficiency in writing and providing support documentation for engineering calculations
- Familiarity with design codes and standards: NESC, IEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, IBC, ASCE
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- The selected candidate must undergo pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background investigation.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.