- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Assistant/Junior Project Controls Specialist
One of our key clients, a leading EPCM company specializing in power and transmission, is looking to add a junior project controller to their growing team in the Richmond, VA area.
The Assistant Project Controls Specialist will support all aspects of project controls and reporting, including, project change management, cost control, progress measurement, schedule development and schedule control.
- Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining a cost management reporting data warehouse to produce program controls reports and data.
- Coordinate project schedules and assist with the development of scheduling reports.
- Review data; maintain logs; and run reports in the Enterprise Planning & Controls software or other tools.
- Perform budget tracking against Purchase Orders or Subcontracts
- Assist and document change orders and cash flow.
- Assist quality checks and inspections on project controls deliverables.
- All other duties as assigned
Requirements:Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field.Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. Minimum of 2-3 and max 8 years of experience.
- Ideally this person would have Schedule and Cost If a candidate has both skill sets they will be able to quickly adapt to the Program. If they don't we would prefer they have more of the costs side as we can train them on the Scheduling function.
- Eager to find someone local to the Richmond area and who is a hard worker dedicated to their work and is a team player
- Preferred experience with Oracle Primavera P6
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- May be required to obtain an OSHA 10-hour safety certification.
- Willingness to accept long term field assignments.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.