- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager (Transmission & Distribution)
Our Transmission & Distribution global practice has an immediate need for a Project Manager to support a program.
Our Transmission & Distribution global practice has an immediate need for a Project Manager to support a program consisting of a combination of small to moderate size distribution voltage level line, substation, and communication projects, the majority of which will be line projects. The Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of the work related to the engineering, permitting, construction, and capitalization of multiple concurrent medium voltage overhead distribution line, substation, and communication equipment improvement projects. The Project Manager will report directly to the Program Manager and is responsible for cost management of the individual projects, the successful completion of the projects within the specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, the program management team, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and any other project stakeholder.
Major responsibilities for the Project Manager will include:
- Serve as project point of contact with Owner regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, scope management, and budgeting
- Provide overall management of projects from concept thru the development phase including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout
- Maintain clear lines of communication and relationships between project site, project office and clients.
- Drive project schedules and manage scope
- Maintain detailed, accurate project cost forecasts and accruals
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems and implement the project execution plan
- Work closely with the Project Team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to client's satisfaction
- Manage project activities such as environmental permitting, project planning, cost estimating, engineering, project controls, contractibility reviews, material management, and project closeout
- Report regularly to the Operations Manager on construction progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring home office support
Qualifications ( Reason this is open is the person in this role needs to move back home to California)
Candidates for this position must have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field from an accredited curriculum. Experience with medium voltage distribution line or substation project experience with at least 3-15 years related project management experience. Must have detailed knowledge in either substations, networks, or distribution lines. Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contacts on project-related matters. Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus but not mandatory. Ability to travel. Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Manager wanted me to note that 95% of the job will be line work
- Per Diem or Expenses are approved for this position
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.