- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Project Manager
The program includes a series of transmission improvements to bring a major segment of the Northeast T&D system into compliance with the North American Electric Reliability Cooperation (NERC) Transmission Planning (TPL) reliability standards.
Here is your opportunity to work on a major program for our client, a Northeast Utility, where we have been engaged to provide program management and owner engineering services. The program includes a series of transmission improvements to bring a major segment of the Northeast T&D system into compliance with the North American Electric Reliability Cooperation (NERC) Transmission Planning (TPL) reliability standards. We will provide a team to manage planning, scheduling, monitoring, controlling, reporting, real estate, permitting, environmental studies, mapping, owner engineering, public outreach and communications, SQHE field support, procurement services support and construction and commissioning management. The duration of the initial program is about four years.
We have an immediate opportunity for Senior Project Managers, to lead a multi-disciplinary team through the design and engineering, procurement, and construction phases of the program. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining an attitude of leadership for overall management activities, including QA, engineering, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning, industrial labor relations and safety, to achieve a quality result, keeping to the budget and schedule objectives. The role will also help complete proposals including amendments and extensions for Business Development purposes.
The Senior Project Manager role requires the ability to research, evaluate and act on a wide variety of technical situations. The principal requirements are:
· At least ten years of proven and progressive project management experience, preferably gained within a utility environment.
· Demonstrated experience leading large "utility class" Substation and Transmission line projects
· A degree in Engineering from a recognized institution preferred, as is Project Management training/certification
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines
· Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team-building abilities
· Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients
· Ability to motivate and engage a team with demonstrated strength in leading highly complex groups
· Strong written and verbal English communication skills, with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills
· Occasional travel for site visits
EOE / Veteran / Disability / Gender (M-F) / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.