- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Controls Manager
Experience in qualifying and forecasting "risk"?
Experience in "Earned Value" calculations?
Be involved in projects with our Power Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Project Controls Manager for our Rochester NY.
The prime function and basic objective of this position is to manage and oversee project controls for engineering and construction projects
Accountabilities / Duties / Responsibilities
· Project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, and quality review
· May be involved in managing cross functional project controls staff
· Establish operating policies to mitigate risk, provide guidance and consultation for project managers.
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, be able to perform a variety of tasks and lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
· Professional Certifications
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or Construction Management
· PMP Preferred but not required
Years of Experience: 10+
Description of Professional Experiance: Candidate should be an experienced scheduler with at least 10+years documented work experience in project controls in a construction environment for major multi-million dollar projects.
Candidates should be fully trained in the construction scheduling software Oracle Primavera P6 Scheduling, EBS, BI, Unifier, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project. Candidates should also have experience managing direct reports. Gas & Electric Utility cost loaded scheduling experience preferred.
Non - Technical Skills
· Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills - Advanced
· Analytical & Problem Solving Skills - Advanced
· Business Partner Relationship Management - Advanced
· Apply Financial / Schedule Acumen - Advanced
· Leadership Skills- Advanced
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.