- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Electrical Engineer
One of our clients, a leading consulting engineering firm, is looking to grow their New Jersey-based engineering team, that is focused on supplying engineering services for the federal and aviation industry.
You will be involved in a variety of unique design projects from aircraft hangars to airport terminals and military training facilities.
You will be responsible for the electrical engineering design activities associated with typical electrical distribution, lighting, communications, security, and fire alarm systems.
- Able to develop electrical design documents for facilities encompassing, but not limited to the following: reliable normal and emergency power distribution, energy efficient lighting systems, communications and security systems, controls for HVAC systems, fire alarm and mass notification systems, uninterrupted power systems (UPS) systems, and emergency generators.
- Be able to work under a Department Manager's supervision and direction.
- Design electrical systems/equipment to provide a useful and safe workplace.
- Provide electrical design direction on multi-discipline projects.
- Enforce company and design standards and practices.
- Advise clients regarding electrical systems/requirements available to meet their needs and comply with safety codes.
- Conduct fault studies and load flow analysis. Develop design criteria for protective device coordination, relay applications, medium voltage transformers, switchgear, medium and low voltage distribution.
- Develop conceptual studies, narratives, and design.
- Perform construction support services, including but not limited to: shop drawing and submittal reviews, answering RFIs, change order reviews, attend site visits, and final punchlist.
- Mentor and train lower level staff.
All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program. Equivalent master's degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Minimum seven years of related experience in the design, installation and maintenance of electrical distribution, communications and fire alarm systems.
- Experience within the aviation and federal industries a huge plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess knowledge of applicable electrical codes and standards.
- CAD and strong computer skills necessary to accomplish electrical design goals. Proficiency with Revit is a must and AutoCAD. Revit (BIM) strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of power coordination programs such as SKM Systems Analysis and/or EasyPower.
- PE strongly preferred.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.