- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Intermediate Electrical Designer
Our client, a leading EPCM/consulting engineer is looking to grow their Morristown, New Jersey office with an intermediate level electrical designer for their aviation and federal clients.
The Staff Electrical Designer will responsible for performing a variety of electrical design and drafting tasks using prescribed methods and standard techniques as part of the Electrical Team. Projects are typically large military and commercial aviation facilities that demand a strong design team.
This position will interface with Lead Electrical Engineer or Senior Designer and participate on various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients.
- Electrical design will include power, lighting, fire alarm and communications systems.
- Follow all company, code, and client project design and drafting standards.
- Prepare drawings, plans, perform problem analysis.
- Develop design layout and calculations on various assignments with differing complexity.
- Perform a variety of assignments using prescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various system components and refining preliminary design drawings.
- Perform checking of designs/sketches and redlines to ensure quality of design product.
- Prepare reports, drawings, and other related design documents to meet project deliverables.
- Train, mentor, and develop less experienced drafting, detailing and design staff members.
- Lead the day to day CAD/REVIT management activities for the Electrical Team.
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and eight years related experience OR Associate's degree and a minimum of ten years related experience or eleven years progressive detailing and design experience.
- Understanding of design software such as: Autodesk Revit (BIM), AutoCAD, and Excel to develop the design deliverables. Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others including, but not limited to Project Managers, Engineers and Designers in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.