- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Cost Specialist
One of our clients, a leading EPCM company in the electrical utility space, is looking to add a senior cost controls specialist to add to their growing team.
- Description:The Senior Project Controls Specialist leads project controls processes and consults with the project management team to ensure client satisfaction. Presents schedule and budget status reports to project management team and client. Responsible for the development, implementation and management of a reporting data warehouse to produce valuable program controls reports and data for multiple large projects.
Responsible for the development of effective scheduling reports, cost reports, cash flow reports and forecasts for multiple projects.
* Analyzes and evaluates schedule management involving the critical path method of scheduling techniques, estimating, project cost management, forecasting and document control.
* Provide leadership and training to team members ensuring the resolution of difficult project control issues.
* Responsible for engineering, procurement, and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
* Responsible for Earned Value Management system reporting.
* Identify and oversee Risk management process.
* Interfaces with project management team and accounting department to review project costs and contingency costs and support external audits.
* Expert in negotiation of prima agreements, construction contracts/subcontracts and joint venture agreements.
* All other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
* Must have field experience in order to facilitate and produce detailed construction schedules and interface those construction schedules with engineering and procurement activities.
* A minimum of 8 years direct project controls experience.
* Prior experience with critical path scheduling, project cost management, estimating and document control required.
* Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Must have excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Expert user of Microsoft office, Oracle Primavera P6 project management software, and Earned Value Management system.
* May be required to obtain an OSHA 10 hour safety certification.
* Willingness to accept long term field assignments.
Job Description/ details: 5+ years of relevant experience
This position is responsible for performing project controls work on engineering and construction projects, including estimating, invoice reviews, actuals and accruals, forecasting, cost control, and project reports. Understanding scheduling and schedule control. Other duties as assigned.
* ideal candidate that has juggled more than one project- Portfolio of multiple projects
* Communication is Key
* Temp to perm (for the right candidate)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.