- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Sales Engineer
Matchtech is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer for solar utility scale power plants.
- Responsible for maintaining constant communication with key members of the Sales team in Latin America (including but not limited to Mexico and Chile) and other departments as needed to put forth the most optimal design and work within company priorities for management purposes.
- Site visits and meetings to support opportunities as required by level of difficulty or scope. Performs site diligence and documents items of concern or need for further validation.
- Manage the sales request process for all project types and work within guidelines and set triggers to efficiently manage priorities using Salesforce.com and other established tools. Work with key members within Sales and Operations to effectively structure projects.
- Perform technical due diligence for RFPs or similar as required by official response documents.
- Prepare any necessary customer deliverables, such as conceptual layouts, single line diagrams, equipment or material specifications and engineering validation as requested. Clearly communicate design concept and high level system specifications.
- Provide site specific or customer specific design and permitting guidelines, performing permit pre-planning documents for accurate scheduling. Validate design requirements for local conditions and recommend solutions.
- Provide technical support and deliverables for utility specific interconnection applications, rebate applications, performance validation models or any other technical support for commercial operation.
- Utilize modeling tools such as PVsyst, other production estimating tools, financial modeling tools, or material optimizing methods to validate most appropriate design and material solutions. Work with other departments to provide best estimating and modeling information.
- Provide interface for scope of work handoff between EPC and Sales. Support project estimating and scheduling tasks as required.
- Provide the sales team with deliverables such as equipment specifications, concept design drawings, site evaluations, interconnection and single line diagrams, and other supporting detail as required will be managed by this position.
Education, Professional, And/or Other Requirements
- 8+ years engineering/consulting experience, BS Engineering required.
- Technical PV or wind solutions support experience is required.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project Management are required.
- Excellent writing skills, both creative and technical.
- Knowledge of financing modeling is a plus.
- Knowledge of SalesForce, Autocad and PVsyst software is a plus.
- Ability to work within an international team, with diverse cultures
- Previous Outside sales support and client management experience preferred
- 50% of travel to site and customer locations to be expected
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Renewable Energy
- Women in Power – Why women can make a huge difference in the Energy industry
The U.S. energy workforce is far from diverse and it could well be holding back innovation in the sector. Find out what job...
- Take your career to new heights as a Blade Technician
Not everyone is built to work in an office and making a career change, however drastic, can make a huge difference to your l...