- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
SAP - Senior Authorised Person 132kV
One of our Renewable Energy Operators is currently looking for a Senior Authorised Person, to be working on one of their offshore Wind Farm Projects, focusing on the Offshore Substation.
The Offshore HV Safety Engineer will be responsible for preparing the Offshore HV network to be taken under Safety Rules, whilst coordinating a small team of SAP`s to undertake the day to day tasks. They will also manage and coordinate ``Safety from the System`` on the Offshore High Voltage 132kV. Whilst also managing safety, the role will require close working relationships across internal departments and external suppliers.
- Fulfill the role as a Safety Controller/Coordinator under the clients Safety Rules in a lead capacity
- Taking responsibility in ensuring Safety from the System is achieved, prior to all work commencing.
- Arrange necessary Safety Permits for work on the Offshore Substation/Cable/WTG plant & apparatus and coordinate cross boundary activities with the Turbine Suppliers representatives.
- Act as Control Person when required.
- Assess each job on a task by task basis; identifying all necessary precautions.
- Supervise Contractors and ensure use of correct PPE, equipment and working practices.
- Prepare/review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for work on site.
- Manage and coordinate the necessary documentation control procedures associated with the Safety Rules; ensuring known status at all times.
- Be flexible enough to undertake small packages of work when within individuals skill set.
- Witness and sign off installation and commissioning activities to an agreed Quality Inspection Plan when required.
- Write Commissioning Switching Programmes for the energisation of HV equipment.
- Plan and manage the work load for a small team of SAP`s Offshore.
- Develop local approved procedures.
- Report all `near-miss` incidents.
- Participate in 24/7 call-out rota during transitional phase of commissioning.
- Deputise for Onshore HV Safety Engineer as and when required.
- Interface with Offshore Construction Management Team.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility, Regional Electricity Company or Offshore Wind Farm to 132kV.
- Electrically biased background, with knowledge of HV Equipment (including Control and Protection.)
- Fluent written and verbal English with good communication skills.
- Good standard of IT literacy (word, excel, Outlook etc.)
- All tickets required to work offshore-GWO Approved.
Popular fields of work
Top in Renewable Energy
- Women in Power – Why women can make a huge difference in the Energy industry
The U.S. energy workforce is far from diverse and it could well be holding back innovation in the sector. Find out what job...
- Take your career to new heights as a Blade Technician
Not everyone is built to work in an office and making a career change, however drastic, can make a huge difference to your l...