- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Distribution Line Designer
Join a company ranked in the Top 10 of design firms in the United States.
Hiring manager is willing to consider permanent or contract candidates, dependant on experience.
Perform detailed design of overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems
- Preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications, and estimates for review and approval by a Project Manager or experienced staff.
The successful candidate's most important qualifications include:
- Minimum of five years of experience in the design, operation, or maintenance of overhead and underground distribution lines (4 kV through 35 kV). Prior utility design experience or distribution line work would be highly preferred.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Technology or related field from an accredited college or university. Other education and work experience may be considered to be acceptable for this position.
- Shall have a working knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in one or more of the following areas:
- Utility Electrical Engineering
- General electric utility construction knowledge
- Experience in ArcFM or Trimble NIS is a plus
- Apply the client's standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures and/or appropriate industry standards in preparing layouts of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
- Prepare manual or computer assisted design and construction drawings of a complex nature, cost estimates and bill of materials and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects.
- Assist in the performance of load studies on distribution circuits and transformers; investigate circuit reliability and voltage issues to determine necessary corrective action.
- Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
- Utilize client and Company information systems to track and update design activities.
- Acquire field data necessary to prepare the appropriate design. Periodic travel is required to client locations in the southwest U.S.
- Ability to handle contacts with clients and other agencies in connection with project design responsibilities.
- Ability to follow prescribed standards and procedures.
- Shall have demonstrated leadership and technical capability to perform to job responsibilities.
- Training to meet company safety standards.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Mobility for field visits to jobsites including walking about construction areas.
- Mobility within the office including movement between floors and workstations.
- Repeated motions (i.e.-typing, reaching, bending, lifting and carrying).
- Communication with other employees and clients.
- Most work is performed in a professional office environment. Some trips to jobsites for observations may be required.
- Jobsite observations factors could include: walking and climbing on uneven surfaces, exposure to outdoor environments and extreme weather (heat and freezing temperatures), noise exposure, driving for extended periods of time, exposure to allergens (i.e. pollen, dust, cedar, sumac, poison ivy, etc.), exposure to construction and traffic work zones, and extended periods of Personal Protective Equipment use.
- Extended use of electronic devices (i.e.-computers, printers, copiers, scanners, plotters and telephones).
- Use of cutting tools and equipment.
Sorry, visa sponsorship is not available. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.