- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Designer II - Distribution Power Lines
We are currently hiring for a Distribution Line Designer with at least 3 years of previous utility experience. Degreed and non-degreed candidates welcome. Pay comeserate with education and experience.
- Under close supervision, in the area of expertise, the candidate will provide technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Candidate must show effective planning, organizing, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, drawings and sketches.
- Continuous improvement of job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain accurate records and files.
- Support of the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- 3 years of experience and Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or
- 3 to 5 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or
- 5 to 10 years equivalent experience with no degree
- Proven Autocad and/or Microstation skills.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- 3 years' experience drawing power distribution lines.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Work independently.
- Customer Oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.