- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
The Project Administrator will the administrative support of a project regarding accounting, cost control, project team administration, project filing, document and communication, customs clearance, immigration, visas, taxes etc.
Location: Houston, Texas
Job Type: Contract
Travel: up to 80% (international travel to Norway, Aberdeen)
Pay: $300-500/day depending on travel
Benefits: Full benefits provided through MatchTech
Provide the administration support of a project regarding accounting, cost control, project team administration, project filing, document and communication, customs clearance, immigration, visas, taxes etc., control in accordance with Company corporate policies, procedure and Project Execution and Control Plan (PECP).
- Review and Preparation of WCA and any other HR administrative tasks (visa etc.).
- Ensure financial regulatory requirements are adhered to by coordinating effort (incl. Stat books as required)
- Ensure Project Team LC&E compliance (including 3rd parties such as Agents).
- Project Internal Control compliance - Ensure a system of internal controls exists and is implemented during the Shipyards/Projects in accordance to company management systems.
- At Months end prepare, review shipyard BudVars with Project Team - Rig Accountant, post JVs as per direction of PA.
- Reconcile & analyze applicable balance sheet accounts monthly
- Weekly OOS Project Reporting - Financial Section (Potential substitution, can defer to Compass report)
- Analyze Project Costing reports during execution and upload manual adjustments (FAJ etc.) to Project Costing (Upload template)
- Monitor vendor contract obligations (performance/payment milestones)
- Change/Variation Order Process & Logs
- Coordinate and submit Expense Claims for Expats & Nationals
- Prepare and submit extended travel pay, ETP, CTO, and VTA claims to local payroll (Nationals) and via WCA system (Expats).
- Maintain Various Logs (including Compensatory Time Off).
- Coordinate project travel and schedule. Work with Travel to book upon review for financial responsibility. Liaise with corporate travel to arrange discount for car rentals and hotels. Host Local site vendor meetings (accommodation, transportation, etc.)
- Forecast/Budget (APT input) - for estimated Project costs. Assist Project Manager to ensure accurate forecasting and budget
- Ensure a smooth transition from Projects to Operations with a Formal Financial close out reporting
- Assist Project Manager to develop Project Authorization to allow for a timely PA approval process.
- Assist Project Manager in developing PECP. (Project execution and control plan)
- Assist Project Manager to administrate contracts with shipyard and vendors ensuring there is an up-to-date record of outstanding issues.
- Set up and supervise project setup including IT requirements, HSE, project site office arrangement, shipyard pass application process, accommodation, transportation etc.
- Assist Project Manager to issue all Project Reporting requirements.
- Acts as the focal point in the core Project team to gather all cost information associated to the project to allow the Project Manager to monitor and control the Budget and report updates utilizing Company standard systems. Updated financial information to be provided to Finance support as required for month-end close and the Forecast/Budget process.
- Be proactive to improve project control efficiency and when required facilitate any internal audit of the project.
- Assist Project Manager in the close-out of the Project and hand over to Operations which will include following up with the shipyard and vendors to ensure timely processing of their invoices.
- Interface with other department, division, vendors, 3rd parties, contractors as required to fulfill the duties.
- 5 years minimum related experience in project administration/accounting (within oil and gas)
- High level of accounting knowledge
- Proficiency with Visio
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proactive mentality
- Ability to travel internationally
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.