- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Substation Physical Engineer
Goal of this position is to provide engineering/technical expertise to solve more complex problems and provide leadership skills to manage work in a specific area of expertise, with minimal supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under minimal supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
- engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
- thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
- continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
- effective oral and written communication skills
- accurate records and files
- 8 to 10 years' experience as a practicing engineer or state registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Proficient in engineering theories and principles.
- Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Work independently
- Customer Oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
- Registered Professional Engineer
- NCEES and ability to become licensed in multiple states preferred.
- Experience in the electric utility industry
- 3 - 5 years of electrical utility substation design experience (as an employee, contractor, or consultant) with a working knowledge of all aspects of the design of electric utility substations from 23 kV on up.
- Ability to design the layout of the substation equipment (circuit breakers, transformers, disconnect switches, bus, etc.)
- Ability to design the cable trench and conduit for the routing of cables to the substation equipment.
- Ability to complete the bill of material required for construction of the substation.
- Ability to ensure that a complete design package (drawings, bill of materials, conduit lists, construction specifications, etc.) are delivered to the customer within budget and on time.
- Working knowledge of NESC and IEEE
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.