- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineering Director - Distribution
This position is responsible for project/client management and technical direction. Duties will include personnel responsiblities, building client relationships, overseeing projects, resource allocation, as well as strategic planning.
- Manage profit center resources to attain target financial results.
- Provide management leadership to ensure the availability of a skilled, qualified, and motivated workforce. This position leads approximately 40 full-time employees, though this number is expected to grow substantially over the next few years.
- Manage the portfolio of technical disciplines within the specific engineering & design area and alter the technical capabilities of the department to or in anticipation of changing market conditions. Ensure that all staffing and utilization goals are met. Coordinate resource activities with those in other engineering & design areas within the company.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure that all specific engineering services are provided per applicable professional codes and standards
- Ensure that client relations are properly maintained and our market reputation is enhanced
- Ensure appropriate estimating/ risk management input is provided for all business proposals and contract negotiations
- Adhere to and help advance our corporate safety policy
- Ensure administrative duties are carried out in accordance with company policy
- 10+ years' related engineering experience, ideally related to power distribution and showing career progression
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to ensure the proper application of available resources resulting in high productivity and utilization
- Detailed knowledge of project management fundamentals
- Demonstrated skills in verbal/written communications to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated negotiating and decision-making skills using sound judgment and prudent analysis
- Demonstrated management and business skills with a focus on achieving company objectives related to quality of service and financial results
- Demonstrated skills in providing leadership, motivation, vision, and direction
- High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment; can function confidently and effectively even when faced with incomplete information and uncertainty
- Proven success in developing and maintaining customer relationships
- High commitment to implementing plans and achieving goals in collaboration with others
- Working knowledge of project accounting practices and financial systems
- Working knowledge of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost Plus and Unit contract pricing mechanisms
- Working knowledge of personal computers and software applications with MS office application proficiency including MS Project and/or Primavera scheduling software
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Registration as Professional Engineer
- PMP certification preferred
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.