- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Resident Electrical Engineer
This position involves direct participation in the efforts required to define and deliver concepts to launch product development projects.
Job Description, Required Skills, Education, Experience:
This position involves direct participation in the efforts required to define and deliver concepts to launch product development projects. A resident shall demonstrate strong technical skills in the required areas of expertise, coordination and timeliness of commitments and requested assignments, and collaboration/participation in the product design, development, and release processes. This position may be responsible for providing leadership of root cause analysis, performance requirements, and functional checkout. The Resident Engineer is expected to assist in the application of component and system level technology to product programs, advanced development, continuous improvements, etc. The Resident will co-manage/influence the supplier's project commitments and coordinating with the core component project team to ensure timely and accurate deliverables.
The Resident Engineer shall support the design and development role in the following areas:
1) Collaborate with the internal project team by serving as a technical resource, including the ability to facilitate direct access to technical experts within the partnering company as needed.
2) Provide prototype vehicle build support and lead TIR (Test Incident Report) investigations as requested.
3) Attend and participate/lead product development meetings.
4) Contribute to the creation of product specifications, perform engineering calculations and analysis, facilitate or perform validation testing, manage engineering changes, etc.
5) Contribute to improvements in cost and timing by suggesting creative design solutions.
6) Lead and contribute to the success of assigned projects through technical innovation and execution of assigned electrical design work.
7) Lead and participate in architecture definition, electrical specification, technical project planning, and meeting cost targets.
8) Provide leadership by directing the activities of others along with ensuring project technical content, quality and execution.
9) Commitment to follow established design and documentation processes and standards.
10) Actively seek peer input during design reviews and provide constructive feedback when reviewing the designs of others.
11) Guide and mentor less experienced engineers.
1. BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or other electronics-based scientific degree.
2. Minimum of 2 years (5+ years preferred) directly applicable experience with desired background in some or all of the following areas:
3. System-level architecture design
4. Component-level schematic design (circuit protection, power supplies, microcontrollers, CAN, PWM, analog signals)
5. PCB specification (technologies include multilayer FR-4, flex, rigid flex)
6. Cable design & specification
7. Design for electromagnetic compatibility
8. Design for functional safety (IEC 61508, ISO 25119, ISO 26262)
9. Ability to independently complete complex electrical designs.
10. Strong knowledge of Electrical Engineering principles, processes and tools.
11. Altium Designer (preferable) or other schematic capture software is a plus.
12. Hands on attitude with the ability to operate standard soldering and electrical test equipment.
13. Collaboration with other engineering disciplines in same location as well as globally: mechanical, software, and manufacturing.
14. Possess excellent inter-personal skills and a high level of communication skills.
15. Additional Details:
16. Specific work schedule is coordinated with direct supervisor.
17. Travel requirement: Occasional to work with customers, suppliers
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.