- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Power Systems Engineer
Responsible for facilitating electrical power systems design with OEM and interfaces in alignment with Company requirements and in conjunction with rig systems.
- Must have experience with DC bus voltage regulation systems to handle power regenerations from VFD driven motors.
- Must have field experience in setting up, programming, troubleshooting and testing of PLCs ( Siemens Step 7 experience a plus).
- Must have field experience in programming 690VAC and 11kVAC relays (Siemens, ABB, GE 489 preferred).
- Must have experience with running power systems studies, such as Short Circuit Analysis, Protection and Coordination (selectivity) studies, Power systems dynamic stability study, Arc-flash study, Power systems harmonics analysis.
- Must be capable and available to travel worldwide to offshore drilling vessels as required.
- Must be available for assisting troubleshooting efforts after normal working hours.
- Experience with 1kV DC battery systems installation, troubleshooting, and testing is desired.
- Experience with large UPS systems, installation, troubleshooting, and testing is desired.
- Experience with diesel-driven AC power generators is desired (installation, load sharing tuning, and protection systems).
Experience working on offshore drilling vessels is desired.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.