- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Machinist / Toolmaker
Successful candidates Must possess:
- Tool and die-making /assembler experience.
- Must have the ability to assemble/Debug tooling from complex assembly prints.
- The ability to be able to operate, Vertical Millers (Prototrak control), Lathes, and Surface grinders
Mechanical Assemblers build new equipment from complicated design drawings, integrating fabricated parts as well as tooling and purchased devices. They have a strong mechanical background and solid diagnostic skills. They must be well-versed in all aspects of tool room equipment and fabrication and are comfortable with standard measuring equipment.
This is not a PCB assembly position; we are looking for someone who can build mechanical/highly automated assembly equipment.
Careers that have the required foundational skills that are desirable for this position are:
The qualified candidate will be expected to:
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
- Have skills to read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications and shop orders.
- Have skills to determine setup, production methods, and sequence of operations.
- Have the ability and flexibility to work additional hours and/or days as required.
- Fit and assemble components from detailed drawings and schematics to construct, rebuild, and repair machinery and equipment using, all standard tool room equipment, hand and power tools.
- Assist with machine start up and testing: assembles, sets up, and operates machine to verify functioning, machine capabilities, and conformance to customer's specifications.
- Perform troubleshooting of equipment and accessories.
Fully trained and competent Mechanical Assemblers will have versatile skills and in-depth knowledge of:
- Mechanical Assemblies and Functionality
- Hydraulics - pressures as high as 60,000psi
- Pneumatics - pressures as high as 4,500psi
- Blue Print Reading
- Precision Measuring Instruments (Micrometers, Calipers, etc.)
- A high school degree or equivalent is required, plus the ability to work with other people in teams.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, who will take direction from other people but also take initiative.
- Applicable Trade School experience is a plus
- Ability to read and understand mechanical prints
- Ability to use hand tools. And have their own basic Machinist and assembly hand tools
- Conventional machining capability
- Ability to work safety in a hazardous environment
- This candidate should have 5+ yrs experience in the assembly of electro-mechanical machines or consumer products.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.