- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Construction Operations Manager - Transmission Lines
Transmission Construction Manager with Operations experience.
- Ensuring continuous project oversight that achieves a constructed product that meets approved design engineering specifications and drawings in accordance with the Project Plan.
- Upholding project contractual and regulatory responsibilities of the prime contractor and/or sub-contractor on the worksite as the Owner's On-site Representative.
- Maintaining relationships with clients and other 3rd parties on the worksite.
- Overall execution of and compliance with our clients SHEQ and Quality Management System (QMS).
- Maintain frequent communications with assigned project(s) field personnel regarding project progress, safety, Environmental and quality topics as well as any technical, materials or changes in scope/schedule and report these discussions up to program management.
- Maintain documentation and communications of the lessons learned program and ensure communications of lessons learned information with project resources.
- Lead efforts to review, resolve document and gain final approvals of RFIs, Design Changes, Change Orders, Materials substitutions, and Contractor Invoices etc. in a timely manner.
- Keep management informed of construction progress, attend contractor safety meetings, progress meetings and escalate issues, needed changes or incidents/accidents.
- Ensure on site documentation and as-built drawings are kept neat and current at all times and lead efforts to get information submitted to Engineering to promote final drawing completion and project closure as soon as possible upon final facility energization.
- Stay abreast of assigned projects and fill in if/when needed for the project Field Construction Manager.
- Lead efforts to perform final project walk throughs, generate, review and resolve punch list items with the contractor to achieve full project closure in a timely manner.
- Perform and document safety observations/audits Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in Transmission Line and Substation Construction.
- Preference will be given to applicants with PSE (Power System Electrician journeyman status or Power Lineman journeyman status).
- Knowledge of OH&S Regulations and electrical codes.
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract.
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible, and able to prioritize your responsibilities.
- Must have Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to travel to the work site(s).
- PC skills - Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English required.
- Technical Diploma or Engineering Degree in Electrical discipline.
- Strong leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers
- Results oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.