- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Substation Electrical Engineer
An ENR top rated full-service engineering consultancy is hiring for a substation engineer in the Arlington, VA area. This position is responsible for physical layout and/or protection & control deisgn.
- Develop designs for substation physical and/or protection & control design projects
- Prepare estimates of costs and schedules
- Physical design to include raceways, yard layouts, grounding, power systems, bills of material, and lightning protection
- Protection and control design to include single and three-line diagrams, DC elementaries, AC schematics, relay panel wiring and arrangements
- Complete studies/reports related to lightning protection, grounding, load studies, equipment specifications
- Coordinate efforts with other departments as needed
- Mention and provide direction to more junior colleagues
- Regularly correspond/meet with client representatives
- Offer field support during construction
- Additional duties may include technical/industry committee involvement, relay settings, and 3D design/modeling
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited program
- 3+ years' related experience
- PE strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving/analytical skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.