- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Engineer - Distribution Modernization
An ENR top rated full-service engineering consultancy is hiring for an electric utility distribution engineer. This position is responsible for design of 2.4kV through 34.5kV overhead and underground projects.
- Complete overhead and underground distribution designs following client standards for projects including cable replacements, feeder replacements/new designs, equipment installation, and others as assigned.
- Design of distribution line projects.
- Use good personal judgement in scheduling, coordinating, and planning of work activities.
- Collaborate with multiple offices as needed for project completion.
- Proposal and cost estimate development.
- Preparation of equipment specifications and calculations.
- Participate in company mentorship programs to grow professionally
- Mentor/guide less experienced team members.
- Correspond/meet regularly with clients or outside personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's in Engineering from accredited program.
Minimum 3 years of distribution experience, 4 years preferred.
Completion of a Master's in a related field may be substituted for one year of experience
Strong understanding of power distribution.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Experience in with renewable/distribution generation integration, telecommunications, and advanced technologies a plus.
Prior experience with utilizing GIS information, distribution equipment, and overhead and underground construction methods.
Ability to travel to project/client locations 5% of the time
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.