- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Assistant Construction Manager
An ENR top-rated consultancy is in need of an Assisant Construction Manager to support their work in the New Haven/Meriden area. Project will relate to offshore wind power. Candidates must be local or relocate soon after accepting the position.
The Assistant Construction Manager will provide support for offshore wind projects as well as the transmission maintenance team
- Manage performance of contractors and team members to ensure all safety precautions are taken
- Build and support client relationships
- Assist as needed with project risk reviews
- Coordinate the Quality Assurance Plan, Project Execution Plan, Organization Chart, Safety & Health Plan, Subcontracting Plan, Procurement Plan, and Project Staffing Plan
- Contribute to approval and fulfillment of multiple types of contracts, change orders, or purchase orders
- With the construction/site manager, assist in creating the tplan for site mobilization/demobilization
- Secure applicable project permits required for the project.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years relevant construction experience related to power transmission, distribution, and wind projects
- Excellent computer skills (including proficiency in Microsoft Office)
- Experience with scheduling, project managment software, cost control, and document control preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- A basic understand of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Good driving record needed to utilize company vehicles
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.