- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Job Title :Mechanical Assembly & Test Technician
Seeking a qualified candidate with STRONG MECHANICAL SKILLS from a mechanical manufacturing, production, or machine shop environment to work as a Mechanical Assembler / Testing Technician. NIGHT Shift.
Long term Contract: 1-2 years
INTERESTED IN INDIVIDUALS WITH STRONG MECHANICAL APTITUDE, PREVIOUS MECHANICAL EXPERIENCE, MINIMUM 1-3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE; HAND TOOL EXPERIENCE AND PRESSURE TESTING PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED.
THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION.
Main Job Duties
- Assemble and test various pressure control equipment as it relates to the oil and gas industry using drawings and / or description of parts.
- Assembly will be done using basic hand tools and small power tools.
- A fundamental principle of safety is required by all applicants who must follow all instructions and guidelines.
- Experience in identifying mechanical components; and to perform required mechanical and final machine assembly.
- Has manual dexterity and understanding to use in-house measurement instruments, including: scales, calipers, micrometers, height gage, gages, etc.
- Performs tasks associated with troubleshooting, testing, and assembling mechanical assemblies for drilling control systems for both surface and subsea applications.
- Willing to work extended hours, including nights and weekends as necessary to support department testing objectives - Must maintain a safe working environment by complying with instructions and guidelines.
- Possesses a positive "can-do" attitude, works effectively, demonstrates persistence and moves consistently towards goals, having a solid work ethic that results in consistent accomplishment, and dependability.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work within a close team
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and other precision measurement tools.
- Work entails a fair amount of standing, reaching, pulling, stooping, and must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.