- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Mission Statement: Sell robot products and systems within a designated market in accordance with strategy. Build long
term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales
opportunities. The applicant should preferably have a sales background from the robotic market, and must have
worked with at least one of the following market segments: Automotive, Arc Welding, Food and Beverage. Proven
sales record expected.
• Sell robot products and systems
• Build customer relationships
• Identify and develop sales opportunities
• Minimum qualification BTech/BSC in electrical engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in robotics sales or automation sales environment
• Proven track record in robotics sales is essential
• Market segment experience in automotive, Arc Welding & Food and Beverage.
1. Volume and profit
Sells robot products and systems to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for Business Units
Robotics, product group Robot Automation.
2. Customer relations
Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer
understanding of full product, system and services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensures a positive customer
experience throughout the sales process.
3. Sales plans
Prepares sales plans using company tools. Performs regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of
potential order shortfalls. The work will mainly be centred around Gauteng, but travel in the rest of the country and into
the Southern Africa region must be expected.
Creates added value for the customer and ABB by using effective sales techniques. Communicates details in
accordance with ABB offering and strategy.
Ensures efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
6. New market opportunities
Identifies and drives the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how
sharing and cross-collaboration.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.