- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Journeyman Substation Technician
Our client is a leading provider of high voltage transmission, substation and distribution construction and maintenance services. They focus on delivering complete power construction services to major utility companies.
The Substation Technician is responsible for the installation, construction, maintenance, and repair of electrical substation equipment. This position may perform work in energized and non-energized environments while operating fork lifts, man lifts, skid steers, excavation equipment etc. Other duties will consist of:
- Installing grounding grids, equipment grounds, structures, fencing and control centers.
- Layout of foundation layouts, set up, bolt placements and pouring concrete.
- Erection of steel supports, structures, dead ends, bus stands, and switch stands.
- Installing PVC and metal conduit runs, above and below grade, and trenwa.
- Bus installation by assisting with bending, cutting, cleaning, connecting pipes.
- Installing high voltage switches, CCVT, power transformers, lightning arrestors, and metering equipment.
- Other duties are assigned.
Minimum of 3 years of experience is required. 5 years is preferred. Safety is a shared responsibility of all employees;therefore, employees are required to follow all safety standards, policies, and procedures set forth by the company in addition to complying with all occupational safety, health and environmental laws mandated by relevant local, state, and federal laws or regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.